From:
Melissa Warren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Nov 1998 22:02:47 -0600
>From:    ferret Sims <[log in to unmask]>
>I also got an email saying that the death of my 7 precious babies was my
>own fault.  I would like to let it be known to the person who sent me that
>email that it would have felt better to put knife into my heart than to
>read that message.

I think that it is terrible that someone would send an email to Vikki
stating it was her fault for what happened to her poor ferrets.  I think it
was clear in her first post what the circumstances were surrounding her
ferrets death.  I think that everyone who wants to send a flaming email
needs to think about it before they send it.  I am a member of two other
mailing lists one boxer the other ferret, and I don't see the occurance of
flaming posts and e-mail near as much in either one of those as I do in
this one.

I have seriously considered signing off this list for that reason.  People
are quick to judge on what is someone's fault, but you have to stop and
think about the fact that the tables can always be turned on you.  We are
all here for support and to gain a better knowledge of ferrets, not to send
hate mail to everyone we can find to blame for something.

This was in no way the owners fault.  She posted as a warning to others to
watch out for this type of food.  I am glad she told everyone so we can
watch out for things like this.  Just stop and think about how many ferrets
lives Vikki may have saved by posting.  If she had paused to think about
being flamed we may have never known the truth and our babies would have
suffered greatly because of it.  Thank you Vikki for telling us about the
food.  I am sorry to hear of your loss, and I am sure those of us who have a
heart feel the same way.  Thank you for letting us know about your
heartbreaking loss.

Melissa Warren