From:
Dade Sures <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 1996 00:34:39 -0500
Hi everyone,

Well I haven't posted in a long while and I am pretty behind in reading the
fml but I am tryng to keep up.  I had to let everyone know that ferret math
has struck my household bringing in number 5.

I work at a pet store and when my boss brought in four kits I tried for the
three days they were there, not to get attached.  One by one, they all went
to good homes and finally a little chocolate blaze girl was left over and I
ended up taking her home for the night so she wouldn't be lonely.  Needless
to say she never went back to the store.  She ended up bonding with my
silver mitt male, Fuji, who does NOT get along with any other ferret on this
planet, but for some readon he adores her...I guess she was meant to be.

I have run into a problem thought and that is why I am writing.  We have
come to the comclusion in the past week, that she is definately deaf.  I
remember hearing that blazes were either commonly deaf or blind.  I can't
remember for sure so I thought I would check with you all.  I need some
advice on what, if anything I should do differently in training or generally
bringing her up.  So far she is an angel.  She is 8 weeks old and hasn't
missed the litter box once!!  I know you are all jealous :) I would
appreciate any advice any of you have on this predicament.  oh...by the
way, i named my new baby "Echo".

Liz Luc