Date:
Fri, 27 Feb 2004 18:28:03 -0800
You [Sukie] wrote in the FML:
>Don't let rumors worry you. Try to verify them in case you have
>run into one of the 5% or so which are accurate, but don't let the rumors
>themselves panic you.

Please provide us with the data to support your 5% figure.  Of COURSE
there has been deliberate mis-information spread on the Internet, but
stating that 95% of information being passed around is false is just a
gross exaggeration of facts.

>Yes, they had a problem in the (distant) past with a bad batch of a
>supply (and it could be smelled)........If they ran into again they
>will be frank about it.  ........What is GOOD about them is that when it
>happened they recalled the food and they made good on each.  That is a
>lot better than the typical "cover-it-up" attitude out there in the pet
>food industry.

First, there were two instances with Totally Ferret shipping spoiled
food, within a years time period.  Since our shelters uses and resells
Totally Ferret, we contacted them as soon as we opened a bad bag.  At
that point the food did NOT smell bad, it just LOOKED strange, wrong
color, too much oil/grease.  They DENIED there was a problem, so we
dumped that bag and the next one we opened was fine.  A week later a
customer returned a bag and we contacted TF again.  At that time we were
told they would "check into" the situation.  We pulled all of the product
and put it into our storage room and heard nothing back.  2-3 weeks later
we called them again and they said that yes, there were a "few" bad bags
and they'd replace them.  They gave us product stock numbers which were
the "bad" bags.  There was nothing said about a RECALL.  At that time we
were purchasing directly from them, if there had been a recall they would
have/should have notified us.  Some months later a similar thing happened.

Now ... Sukie has frequently attempted to infer that I'm a liar and I'm
sure she'll make some derogatory comments again.  [Is that a rumor?  BIG]
I'm certain that her experience was as she wrote (although she didn't
state that she had first hand knowledge) and our experience was as I've
written.

>Be careful of internet rumors; they are virtually always WRONG!

Certainly be careful of Internet rumors, and do check them out.  You'll
find that many are right on the mark and may save either you or your
critters some problems.

Sandi

Best Little Rabbit, Rodent & Ferret House
a non-profit animal shelter
14317 Lake City Way NE
Seattle, WA 98125
(206)365-9105
Open 6 days/week (closed Tue) or visit our on-line store at:
http://www.rabbitrodentferret.org