Date:
Mon, 23 Feb 2004 12:09:21 -0800
>"anne.bradshaw" <[log in to unmask]> wrote
>She had surgery october last year to remove them, but they formed back
>again, her last surgery was just last week.

I don't know if you can relate this to ferrets or not, but for what it's
worth.... Guinea pigs are prone to bladder stones and quite often within
a month of having them removed they were back and required another, and
another and yet another surgery.

A few years ago, Polycitra came into use and has stopped the reoccurrence
of stones for most of the guinea pigs who take it.  (prescription for
humans)

Now....the debate.  According to many vets Polycitra should not work.
It's made for only a specific type of calcium.  But it does work and I
doubt that Guinea Pigs can understand what it's for and can "will" it
to work.  So again, for what it's worth, you might pass it by your vet,
or ask to try it even if told that it can't work.  (It does NOT disolve
existing stones, only prevents more from forming.)

<shrug>
Sandi

Best Little Rabbit, Rodent & Ferret House
a non-profit animal shelter
14317 Lake City Way NE
Seattle, WA 98125
(206)365-9105
Open 6 days/week (closed Tue) or visit our on-line store at:
http://www.rabbitrodentferret.org