From:
"Rachel M. Bray" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Aug 1998 09:51:59 +0000
First off, hello and dooks to everyone this hot, muggy day.

Todd, I've told you before but I'm going to tell you again....you crack me
up.  It's such a joy to read your posts.  You and your crew are such a beam
of sunshine on the FML.  Thanks!

Marmette had her first trip outside.  I finally found a purple harness and
leash for her from a vendor at the Ohio State Fair.  She even threw in a
very preppy looking sweater for 90% off!  Thank you much, nice lady!
Anyway, I dribbled some Ferretone on her belly (Marmette's, not the nice
lady's!!) and strapped the harness on and adjusted it (isn't Ferretone a God
sent?) and set her down.  She went bonkers for a moment, trying to get the
thing off but then she kind of sighed and accepted it, looking at me like
"Oh, maaaaaaa, I look ridiculous!".  I snapped on the leash and opened the
front door.  NOW.......usually, I have to dive like a soccer goalie to grab
her when the door opens.  But, now that she's ALLOWED to go outside....she's
not a bit interested.  So, I pick her up, go outside and put her on the
grass.  She stood there like a statue for a bit, like she was terrified.
Then she took off.  I was at a slight jog keeping up with her.  She war
danced, giggled, war danced, speed bumped and war danced until finally one
of my neighbors came out, laughing.  She said that she thought I had a dog
the way I was running behind the leash.  Marmette looked at her for a second
then went flying over to inspect her toes.  I was worried she'd pull a
lick-lick-chomp but she didn't.  The woman's toes passed inspection so she
ran off, dragging me behind her.  She discovered the mulch pile and went
digging, digging, digging until it became a mulch mess.  The apartment
maintenance people aren't going to be too happy with me!!!  I took her in
after 15 minutes or so since it was such a smouldering hot humid day.  She
ran to her cage and drank for awhile then plopped down on her bed and took a
nap, sighing a very happy sigh.

Question.....She seems to really like the outdoors and she loves to swim.
I was thinking about buying a cheap little wading pool.  Has anyone had a
good experience with their fuzzie-wuzzies and wading pools?  Would it be
worth the money?

Well, anyway......it was fun.  And Todd?  Keep those great posts coming!
And don't worry about the tattoos....it's just a phase.  It's when they
want the multiple body piercings that I would start worrying.

Rachel (A sweater?  What was I thinking?  I'll have to knock her out
        to get this thing on!)
Marmette  (Ma, what's a rodeo clown?  Does it have anything to do
           with that road you shopped on in Beverly Hills that made
           Daddy mad when the Visa bill showed up?)

Rachel Bray
The Ohio State University (Is it football season yet?)
Treasurer's Office