From:
"Rachel M. Bray" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Sep 1998 09:22:10 +0000
Well, it's sad, really.  I posted a cute story about Marmette and the killer
Elmo to add a little humor in the midst of all the sick ferret postings and
Rainbow Bridge announcements.  I get back to work today and what do I find?
Posts from people flaming me because I mentioned I had a recliner in the
same apartment as a ferret.  My recliner no longer reclines, people!  Also,
I'm responsible enough to have made sure my furry was not under the chair
before it was reclined!

I'm so tired of all this flaming.  I remember a couple weeks ago someone
tragically stepped on their ferret and instead of the compassion she was
seeking for losing her ferret, people flamed her for being careless and
irresponsible.

BIG, please remove my name from the list.  I will miss some of the posters
(Todd and his Rodeo Clowns, Bob, etc.) but I've had all I can take of these
ridiculous posts.

Rachel (Pass me the Advil, please!)
Marmette (Maaaa, don't be so angry!)

Rachel Bray
The Ohio State University
Treasurer's Office

I can feel no sense of measure
No illusions as we take
Refuge in young man's pleasure
Breaking down the dreams we make
Real

[Moderator's note: Some subscribers have told me that they do indeed get
private "flames" occasionally -- usually at a rate of about 1 flame for
every 20 "thank you" replies.  But somehow, all the wealth of knowledge and
companionship the list offers is forgotten when that nasty flame arrives.

I don't have a solution, other than to remind people that 3000 subscribers
means there are probably 4000 opinions to every situation and that we won't
all agree on everything.  I hope one or two readers who choose to express
themeselves so poorly doesn't negate the great positives most of us have
to offer.  No, I don't know who the flamers are, but a day doesn't go by
without me receiving a note from someone telling me how the FML has helped
them.  That helps to keep things in perspective for me, even though I still
get quite upset when people leave because of "flamers".  BIG]