Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 21:33:56 -0700
Greetings to all you ferret lovers.

Our thoughts and prayers go to all of you who have sick fuzzies, and to
all who have lost one of their special fur kids.  They are such sweet,
wonderful babies.

The reason I'm writing, I'd like to tell you what my "business" did to me
yesterday.  You see, we have a new resident (how many I'm not sure).....a
mouse.  I know we have one, have actually seen him (or her) as he/she ran
under my feet while reading my FML.  So.... I gathered the herd, sat them
on the couch together, all eight of them, (if you believe that I have some
ocean side property in AZ) and began to give them their assignment.

I told them we had an invader and I needed their help.  We have a mouse
and they, being proficient mousers (or so I've been told) must help their
parents and catch this critter.  So with an enthusiastic war dance, they
leaped off the couch and sped off in various directions, looking under
furniture, behind things, and on top of stuff.  About 15 minutes later I
noticed the boys gathered at the end of the hall like they were discussing
strategy.  A short time later Bilbo came up to me, put his paws on my leg,
looked up with the most adoring gleam in his eye and said "mom, what is a
mouse?"

Guess they are spoiled.....too much good life, have never had to work for
their kibble before.  And they don't have to start now.  So back to the
weasel war dancing, chasing the girls, hiding dog toys, and sneaking
snacks.  Guess we'll just have to put the glue traps out every night until
the little critter is caught!

All of you have a good weekend and give your ferrets a big fuzzy hug
from....

mjo and the zoo (Lady Star, Topanga, Ragine, Bilbo, Frodo, Frito,
Pepper, & Caesar and the dogs Garth and Darwin......r.i.p.  Phantom,
Nipper, EZ, Lightning, Cleo, & Duke)