Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 20:32:50 EDT
Hello everyone,

Just a quick note for those of you that know my father, Floyd Carley.  Dad
has been a wonderfull supporter of several shelters as well as a tireless
worker on the ferret legalization front.

The sad news is that he is in the hospital practically paralyzed with
severe back spasms.  A huge battery of tests has not revealed the cause
and he's been there a week.  He and the entire family are extremely upset
by this.  At times he is heavily sedated for the pain and because of the
nursing strike at Stanford, all of his kids are taking turns round the
clock with him.  I thought it might cheer him up to hear from some of his
ferret friends.  He really enjoys anything having to do with ferrets.

If you care to write, his address is:

Stanford Medical Center
c/o Floyd Carley, Room # B203A
300 Pasteur Drive
Stanford, CA 94305

It's probably best not to call because he can't even pick up the phone.

Thanks for your support and well wishes.

Jeanne Carley
Californains for Legalization