From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Feb 1998 13:49:43 -0500
I managed to get the information for Mississippi by finding a VERY helpful
secretary/receptionist at the office of the vet in charge of meat
inspection.  No, I'm not joking; had to go a strange route to get to the
right person, but she gave me the name and number for Dr. Frank Rogers
(1-601-354-6089) of the Board of Animal Health who informed me that since
the 1998 Compendium of Animal Rabies Control came out Mississippi IS
recognizing the IMRAB-3 vaccine for ferrets and IS using the 10 day
quarantine.  He said, however, that compliance with calling the state office
before killing an animal for testing varies greatly from county to county
and not all county departments pass on information, and that he'd be VERY
happy if you folks in Mississippi get the word out because there are likely
to be some ferrets which die if you don't.