Date:
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 06:30:17 -0700
Dear Friends,

As some of you may know, I've become active in rescue, placement and
transport of the fuzzy loves for a little less than a year.

Due to changes in my personal life and the fact that I will be renting for
the next year instead of owning a home, I am being forced to give up most
and possibly all of my furkids.  I have met the true love of my life and
with that come some compromises.  This is something I feel I have to do for
myself.  Part of this involves going on an extended visit of up to 6 months
to the UK.  Upon returning I may be able to begin rescue again, but at this
point there are too many other things to work out to bring it to the table
right now.  I am fortunate that one of my best friends will ferret sit up
to four of the kids while I'm out of the country.  I do however have to
give up most if not all of my reptiles.  I can't tell you how heartbreaking
this is for me.  I am doing a severe internal battle because I feel like
such a hypocrite.  I never thought that I would be the one in a position
to have to place my own critters.  It is a living nightmare for me.  I do
however plan on staying active in the community, continuing the transport
club and working on legislation to regulate the pet stores.  This will be
the only work that saves my sanity for the next year.  Anyone that has
suggestions for me would be greatly appreciated.  Please no flames, I'm
doing enough of that to myself.

Sincerely,
Kim Fox
Second Chance Rescue