From:
"~*Jules*~" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 2004 14:51:42 -0400
I must appologize for the format of my last post, for some reason Copy
Pasting from Micro.Word makes all the quotation marks and apostrophies
get removed when it is posted (a very annoying problem!) Even when
pasting into a plain text email.  I guess I won't copy paste anymore,
but I just felt that I should appologize and hope that it wasn't too
unreadable for lack of formatting!  Here's part two for you all!

(ps. I won't be home until tomorrow evening, so don't worry if I don't
answer your e-mail right away.. lol not that you would ;-)

Part Two
Recap: Rio and Tweak spend a very bored afternoon trying to figure out
something to do.  Finally a very annoyed Tweak agrees to play Marco Polo,
but turns it into a game of hide and seek as she disappears under the
bed for a nap.  Upon her discovery, Rio is very mad and decides to wake
her.  When told to cease and desist his pouncing atop her, on threat of
flushing down the big litter box, Rio hops off her and discovers a loose
floorboard.  Tweak and Rio join forces to investigate and remove the
flore board discovering a...

 ...tunnel!  It was a very old tunnel and it was littered with debris,
but it was still a tunnel.  Both Rio and Tweak were frozen in stunned
silence for a minute.  Then, without warning, they both launched into
a frienzied war dance!

"Hurrah!  Hurray" they shout in ferrety joy.  Halting their dance, they
start down the tunnel.  Cobwebs hung form the walls and ceiling, while
pebbles covered the floor.

"Wow, this is great!" said Rio.

"Yes, it actuall is!" replied Tweak.

Continuing on (and getting very dirty), they came to a fork in the tunnel.
Plopping their fuzzy butts down, they considered the situation.

"Which way should we go, Tweak?" Rio questioned, obviously anxious to
continue onward.

"I thing, I think we should go back and get some supplies before
we continue.  There may not be much food down here." She replied
thoughtfully.

"Good idea, my stomachs growling"

"Yes I know, I can hear it all the way over here"

With that they turned around and headed out of the tunnel.  Of course,
they were covered in dust and tunnel grime when they emerged, so they
took a minute to roll in a nice white scarf (or atleast it WAS white) to
clean up.  They climbed out of the bed box and went to gather supplies.
Tweak went to their room, and slipped into her safari shirt, grabbed
both their backpacks, and then headed to the food dish.  Filling a few
waterproof and airtight tins with food, she stuffed them in the packs.
Back and forth she went, filling water bottles and packing clean
underfur.  Finally all was packed except for the flea and tick spray
(which Rio was supposed to be finding) and her beloved Warty and Fish.
Putting on her pack, and haling Riordan's out with her teeth, she went
over to the bed box and waited for Rio.

"I've found it I've found it!" he cried, racing full speed over to where
she sat.

"Good, put it in your pack and let's go"

Rio did as he was told and off they went, only stopping to slip Warty and
Fish into Tweak's pack.

A little ways down into the tunnel, they suddenly realized that there
were torches lighting their way and that there weren't so many pebbes
under their feet or cobwebs on the wall.  They were a little creeped out,
who could have been there to clean up?  Soon they found where all the
pebbles had gone; there was a HUGE pile right in front of them.  The only
way around was a very small passage right next to the edge of the pile.
Taking their packs off they shoved them through first, before squeezing
through themselves.  They popped out into total darkness.  Torches no
longer lit the wall.  The fuzzies couldn't even see their paws infront
of their noses.

"Tweak, what happened?"

"Shh! I think I hear something"

They listened hard and sure enough, a little scuttling of something very
big was heard.  Eight great glowing eyes appeared in front of them and a
deep voice echoed through the tunnel.

"Who Goes There?  Who Trespasses in my tunnel?"

Tweak and Riordan shivered in their fur.

"Speak yon intruders or die a death of 1000 hairballs!"

Will Rio and Tweak survive their frightening encounter?  Will they ever
see the light of day again?

   Join us tomorrow for the next installment of
Riordan & Tweak In: Under The Bed (Digging to China)