From:
"~*Jules*~" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Oct 2004 10:12:16 -0400
Hey All,
My babies are going to the vet this thursday and I need some advice.  The
vaccines they will be getting are IMRab-3 and Fervac-D.  They will only
one vaccine per visit and so they will go to the vet 3 times (they both
need a rabies, and a 2 series distemper booster).  The first vaccine they
get will probably be the Distemper.  I am nervous about using Fervac-D
because of the reactions I've heard of (unfortunately they didn't have
Galaxy-D available.) I am hoping neither will react, but we will be
waiting at the vets office for a while after their shot just incase.

My question is, should I pretreat with a type of benadryl?  Julliet is a
3yr Female and weighs about 1.54lb.  Romeo is 7mo now and I'm not sure
how much he weighs.  Maybe 2.5-3lb.  What exactly should I give them and
how much per lb?  I have a list of questions to ask the vet, and am going
to request blood work done on Julliet.  Is there anything else I should
ask about?  Or do before hand?  Should they Eat before hand?  I plan on
taking stool and urine samples from both.  This is my first ferret vet
appointment.  When I got julliet she was good on shots, so she didn't go
to the vet.  Now it's time for both to get shots, so any advice is
greatly appreciated!  Thanks a bunch!!!!

- Jules