From:
Cheri Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Nov 1998 09:27:34 AMERICA/FORT_WAYNE
We are suddenly having a problem with fleas.  I gave the ferrets a flea
bath, and that alleviated the problem for a day or two, but I don't want to
repeat the bath so soon.  I've tried to flea comb them, but they absolutely
HATE it.  I don't want to bomb the house if I can avoid doing so.  What I
was wondering is, would it be safe to put cedar chips in the bottom of the
cage to repel the nasty little beasties, as long as it doesn't touch the
ferrets?  Their cage has a tray in the bottom where the chips could be
placed, beneath the wire floor, so they shouldn't come into direct contact
with it.  Thanks for any advice on this.

Cheri and the itchy weasels, Chadley and Dana