From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 16:00:11 -0400
[Sukie note, Prologue:  a person wrote asking about starting a
medical routine since the ferrets are in a an area with heartworm.]
 -------

I do not recommend using Revolution in ferrets

I'm a veterinarian and I don't use it on my dogs or cats

Its actually supposed to be very safe, ect

BUT Why use extra drugs when you don't have too ?

like taking antibiotics for viral infections in my mind.

You should test for heartworms before using it - or ivermectin
even if used topically.

For a ferret you probably don't even have to kill off the whole worm
before you get serious problems.

for flea problems I recommend Advantage
for ear mites well they are hard to kill.

[Sukie note:  This FHl (
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ferret-Health-list ) post is by Dr. Ben
Otten, vet.  Much more on this topic is in the FHL and FML records.]