From:
DJTuvell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jun 1998 20:13:19 -0400
Hey there.  I've been off the list (well, just not having time to read it,
actually) for quite a while now.  Hope I haven't missed too much.  Bob C.,
you are just so dang funny!  I was falling out of my chair in a state of
delirium when reading some of your recent stuff here.

I would like to wish a very happy (belated) birthday to two very special
ferrets... McKyle and Merlin turned one year old on May 17 and June 1,
respectively.  We had a fun party with some other ferret friends, and the
guys got lots of fun toys and some extra treats, but the best gift was the
Weasel Wagon!  I got a little red wagon and rigged it with an old cage top,
so basically they have a ferret-safe wagon (which they love to tour the park
in) and a mobile cage all in one.  It was a really fun birthday.  McKyle and
Merlin, I know you rascals sneak into the study and pilfer through my e-mail
messages while I'm asleep, so I'll tell you this here: you two ferrets have
made the past year infinitely more fun than it would have been without you.
You two are the lights of my life, and you will always be so, so special to
me.  You'll always have a home with me; no more shelters for you, Merly.
Thanks rascals, for all the joy you bring me!  (Sniff!)

Well, that being said...my ferrets bring me *so* much joy that I wouldn't
mind expanding my family!  (Ferret math?  What's that?) So just to let
anyone in the area know, my home and heart is open to any ferrets who may
need a good, permanent home.  If anyone in or close to Gainesville, Fl,
knows of ferrets in such a predicament, please let me know!!!

PS.- David and I just this month celebrated our first wedding anniversary.
Everyone told us that the first year of marriage would be the hardest, and
boy were they right!  If we survived this past year, we can survive
ANYTHING!  But now that I have just a bit of experience under my belt, I
would like to offer some friendly advice to any new newlyweds or engaged
couples, etc.  out there: Ferrets definitely can help a marriage!  Not
kidding!  So many times when David and I were in an argument, he would
finally (out of frustration from my stubbornness) look at me, brow furrowed,
frowned face, and say sternly, "Rachelle, there are two ferrets over there!"
Of course I would only be able to pout for a second longer before we both
erupted in laughter.  Might not have solved the problem, but it sure eased
the tension and ended the argument!  Ferrets would make a great wedding
shower gift, wouldn't they?  ;)

Happy Ferreting Everyone,
Rachelle & David
McKyle & Merlin