From:
Alicia Dawn Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Apr 1997 12:18:03 -0600
Hello.  My mom just took our 8 week old sprite to the vet today.  We have
only owned her about 1 week.  She was having cow pie excretions so we grew
concerned.  Our vet diagnosed her with a prolapsed rectum.  He put her on an
antibiotic and a procedure using a q-tip to push the rectum back in.  She
did not have this when we bought her, unless the store was treating it and
didn't tell us.  He has also changed her diet from what the store had her
on.  I was wondering how common this, and the success rate at it being
cured.  And maybe if it will lead to further problems later in her life.  If
anyone has a similar experience I'd like to hear about it.

Thanks, Alicia