From:
Randy Horton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 18:01:37 -0700
To the Cotton Family, Ferrets are legal in Nevada.As a matter of fact,
there is a also a very nice lady there in Las Vegas who runs a nice shelter
there that can hook you up with a competant vet and other things you might
need.

Are you leaving you children behind too?  Why not?  Relocating is a very
poor reason for abandoning members of your family.  ( Even if your moving
to a place that is illegal to take members of your family).  I certainly
wouldn't ever leave my kids in the hands of strangers.  Can you explain to
me why you would do such a thing?  I mean a real valid credible reason!
They couldn't possibly take up that much room in the car, and I know for a
fact they won't eat as much as the other kids at a burger king.  I don't
think they are going to understand very much why they are getting the boot
from your life when they have done nothing wrong, unless loving you with
unconditional love is a bad thing in your family, but then if that's the
case, maybe you don't deserve to have them in your life.

Sorry if this posting offends anyone, but kicking a family member out for
a poor excuse such as "I'm relocating" is offensive to me.  It doesn't
cost that much to take them with you, nor set their cage up again.  The
emotional cost they are going to go through isn't worth it.  Please
reconsider your decision to abandon them, yes, that's what you are doing.
If you do decide to leave them behind, please do the world a favor, don't
have anymore children.  The world doesn't need anymore orphans.

Ferretguy