From:
Melissa Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 09:02:34 -0700
Mornin' Folks!

I keep trying to remind myself that the Lost Ferrets page hasn't really
been around that long, so there is a reason it isn't an institution yet.
When I began it, I had these visions of grandeur.  I would be helping so
many ferrets, and their owners.  I would be making a difference.  Turns
out that hasn't happened yet.  But I keep trying.

Please, if one of your fuzzies goes missing, avail yourself of the services
on Lost Ferrets.  The ads are not the most important part of the website.
The articles by Troy Lynn Eckart, Pam Troutman and Randy Horton, and the
network of shelters can be invaluable.  And in the near future I will have
a Missing Ferret poster you can just fill out and print off straight off
the website, with all the pertinant information on it.

On that note, I would like to ask anyone who is interested to submit
articles for the ferret-proofing section of the site.  The "What to do"
page continues to grow, but the ferret-proofing page is still empty.

Next is the matter of judges for the one-day Halloween contest.  We have
one judge for the "Treat" catagory.  Thanks Shea!  Still looking for
judges for the "Trick" catagory and more for the "Treat" catagory would
be welcome.  Please email me at the above address if you are interested.
(I hardly think it would be fair for me to be the only judge.  My sense
of humor is sometimes somewhat...different...than others...)

Finally I would like to announce the winners of the Lost Ferrets Online
Treasure Hunt.  The winner of the $10.00 Ferret Store gift certificate is
Tracy Lant.  Sandy Repper won the hammies from Especially Ferrets.  The
cozy beds from the CozyZone went to Jaymi Murphy.  Congratulations all of
you!

=====
Melissa
www.geocities.com/lostferrets