From:
Francine Prager <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Jan 2003 18:26:51 -0800
As a long time renter of apartments with pets I have found appearances
mean alot. I generally don't waste my time with ads for apartments that
say no pets...instead I just focus on the ones that say nothing.

First-Clean your car...as it may very well be seen by your prospective
landlord.  Clean it inside and out, and you yourself should dress much
nicer than you ordinarily might.

If you have a business card-wonderful..present it.  If not-that's OK..
just tell your landlord about yourself...I think it's OK to exaggerate a
little.  (I have been out of work and rather than say that, I have told
a landlord I was looking for a business to buy.  It worked out fine.)

If, after viewing the apartment, you like what you see-then mention your
pets.  But first-sell yourself.  BTW, with dogs-always say you walk them
on a leash and off the premises..and then do it.

Francine Prager