From:
Jim Kennedy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2011 07:21:58 -0800
I know that you folks have heard from us not to long ago but Maine is
in a mess. Us being the only shelter for ferrets in Maine is becoming
harder and harder. If you look at a map Maine is huge, and to cover the
entire state gets pretty rough at times. Jim & I have always fended for
shelter on our own and never reached out for help but we have just had
to swallow our pride and say we can't do this one on our own, we need
your help. We have to 2 brothers(max & Smokey) and their sister(bonnie)
that have been with us for over a year. Because of their issues we
can't adopt them out. Max has a huge mass in his belly that we're going
to try to have removed to help his chances of being adopted and help
his quality of life. But Smokey on the other hand has a rare problem
that he sneezes to the point of crying. We have worked with the vets
and they have done everything they possibly can to help him, the next
step is a cat scan. There is only one vet hospital that can do the
test and they are a specialty vet so the cat scan is going to cost us
between $500-750. We pleaded with them, I even cryed on the phone while
talking to them, and that was the lowest they would go. So we have set
up a fund for Smokey to pay for this scan and surgery following. We
need your help, I know times are tough, but this little guy if you
could see what he goes through, it would break your heart. Every time
he goes into these sneezing fits, I have to pick him up for his
protection and because he literally is crying. It makes me cry. I just
pick him up, cuddle him, and talk to him just like a little child. I
usually end up with stuff all over me from him trying to get it out.
But, we have to pick him up because he will cause himself a bloody
nose from banging his face on the floor.

The vets feel we can help him, we just need a little helping hand from
you. Anything you can do would be greatly appreciated and we will be
sure that this little guy gets the best of care. Which is what we do!
There's nothing we wouldn't do for these guys, and that will never
stop. Our love, hugs and kisses go out to all those fuzzies and their
owners. If it wasn't for all those shelters out there, where would
these fuzzies go? You're all GREAT!!!!!!!!!

Thank you in advance for anything we can pool together to help Smokey,
he's a very special little guy! If you would like to see him, please go
to our website, and his beautiful picture is there. He's Handsome!!!!

Crystal Kennedy-Ferret Rescue of Maine
Jim Kennedy, Director Ferret Rescue of Maine
A State licensed, 501c3 Non-profit shelter.
Donate to shelter ferrets by clicking
igive.com/from