From:
Shamrock McNeill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Nov 1995 12:10:39 -0500
Hello again.

I sent my first post just a couple of days ago, introducing myself and my
first fuzzie...  well, now there are two!  I waited 3 years to get my
first little furball, and just a few days after bringing him home, i had
the chance to rescue a neglected ferret.

Shadow is a dark male sable (chocolate, maybe?) and billed as being only 4
months old.  But he is huge!  i don't know if it is the comparison to my
small 2 month old, or if he is truly gargantuan.  Anyway, he has already
been in two homes where the folks couldn't deal with him.  The woman i got
him from knew next to nothing about ferrets, and he has been kept in a
small cage with pine chips without any time out to play since being in her
care (3 weeks).  Don't know anything about his previous home.

Questions...  i can't get him in to see the vet until monday.  There is no
record of any shots, and his ears are not marked in any way.  The woman i
got him from says that he has been neutered and descented...  is there any
way for me to tell?  also, should i just start over as if he has never had
any shots, since we don't know about them?

He is a good eater, very playful and active, and doesn't bite at all.  He
is also one of the heavy breathers i read about a while back :}...  jumps
at me with mouth wide open making the funniest noises, and thinks it is
hilarious to chase the cats.  Having been cooped up for so long, he has
gone a bit nuts while loose in the house, but seems to be settling down.

Sorry for the length of this posting, but i wanted to share the news about
my new friend.  Seems i was destined to have ferrets at this point in my
life...

val

                       "Shamrock"
[log in to unmask]        Valeriane Luke McNeill
Biology major/CS minor          Marine Biology/Zoology