From:
Trudi Casler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Apr 1999 05:32:51 EDT
Hello,
"GREEN POOP" is not normal in ferrets....
yes it can go green for a number of reasons...WHICH should be discussed
with A VETERNARIAN!!!!  but green poop IS NOT NORMAL...

my ferrets went green due to giardia which we got from a VERTY BAD BREEDER
in Mi.....

you have to test your ferrets once a week for 3 to 4 weeks to see if they
have it...why???  because it doesnt always show up the first or second
time....
they can go green because of too many treats...
or changing food..
or because they have gotten upset or have a new playmate...
but its "NOT NORMAL"....

i got this information from school and also my veternarian...you want to
check it out call:
520-748-0896   valley animal hospital
ask for any doctor....dr vagnetti and harrington are the ones i use...but
all can tell you what i just did....GREEN IS NOT NORMAL!!!

thank you,
Trudi C.