From:
Trudi Casler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Apr 1999 03:32:35 EDT
hi,
personaly i would have the surgery done...so far 2 of my ferrets had the
surgery..

one was a female only sign was swollen vulva....she would have died without
the surgery....hert pathology report said (i cannot remember the techical
terms right now) but it was that the adrenal was irregular shaped but no
cancer cells at all...she is just fine now... the other was a male that had
been fixed in sept and his hair on his stomach hadnt really grown back, so
instead of doing the panel ($2??.??) and then it might not tell...we just
decided toopen him up...so when he did...the adrenal was about 2 x's the
normal size...when the pathlogy report came back it was adrenal carsonoma...
(i believe thats how you say it)...i was really upset cause thats cancer...
but see the good part is...it didnt put out feelers..so as far as spreading
we do not believe that it will/or has...his hair is so beautiful now...and
so is his personality...

so i guess my point is personaly i do believe in the surgery...even if it
was only a 1% chance of survial...

but just because it comes back cancer does not mean that the ferrets body
will get cancer...understand???  im trying to word this just right, so i
hope you understand what i am trying to say...

good luck to you and your little one.....
Blessed Be,
Trudi C