From:
John & Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 10:34:13 -0600
I too just ordered some Path Valley for the first time.  My guys are very
finicky...even for ferrets.  When I tried to mix a TINY bit of TF into
the Marshall's they normally eat, they starved themselves.I have tried
offering them other foods too, to no avail.  (We had hoped to get away
from food with fish in it).  But when I recently received a free sample of
Path Valley ferret food, I offered a little to them...NOT mixed in the
other food for fear of a repeat hunger strike :( ... Jasmin acted like it
was a wonderful treat, and Pandora liked it so much that whenever I would
hand a little to the boys, she would come running out of nowhere, steal
it, and run hide to eat it before they could even get it their mouth
(which doesn't exactly take a long time..lol).  So I mixed in a little
into their other food, and even Sterling (the pickiest ferret who ever
lived) decided he would *tolerate* picking through and eating Marshall's
food that had been contaminated by touching the Path Valley!  (If you
knew Sterling, that says a LOT!  )

Now I checked out the stats on it, and it looks like it has a little less
protein than some of the others, but about the same on everything else,
and the only meat was chicken.

Shannon
Sterling, Pandora, & Jasmin