From:
John & Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Oct 2001 22:31:12 -0500
Our Pandora plays a game called "leap and attack the water bottle before
it can attack you".  Apparently there are points awarded for form, style,
and duration of attack, with bonus points for particularly vicious
attacks.  (i.e. hopping up and down while slashing at it from above with
both paws earns more points than lying underneath on her back and batting
at it does, unless the batting immediately follows the slashing with no
interruption to the attack.) And of course, getting wet is simply an
expected part of the fun.

We have no idea why she does this; she just seems to like it.  We used to
worry that she wasn't able to get water from it, that something was wrong
with her paws, that the bottle was too low or too high, that maybe she
would prefer a bowl with water, etc.  Eventually we just decided this was
FUN for her.  The others don't seem too amused by her game, though, since
during it she hogs the bottle and won't let anyone else up for a drink!

Shannon
Sterling "Mom!  She's at it again!"
Jasmin "Make her share the water, Mom!"
Pandora "KILL IT! KILL IT!"