From:
Sue Dastous <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 May 1996 18:40:03 -0400
Hi folks!

A few weeks ago, I asked for advise about my little girl, Tequila, who had a
swollen vulva and no hair loss.  (Thanks again to the people who responded!)
My regular vet suggested that I do nothing until she developed more clinical
symptoms.  Well, I wasn't comfortable with waiting, so Tequila and I went to
see Dr. Dutton at the Weare Animal Hospital who is about an hour's drive
from where I live.  After speaking with him, I decided to go ahead with the
adrenal surgery.  Well, last Wednesday, Tequila had the surgery and Dr.
Dutton removed a "bad" left adrenal gland!  He said that the right adrenal
looked OK!!  Tequila is now up and about and seems to be recovering nicely.
Dr. Dutton did a terrific job!!  I'm so glad we have such a dedicated
veterinarian in our area!!

Thanks to the person her suggested using plastic liter bottles for ferret
tubes!!  I've already made a length of tubing that is about 5' long and
growing.  It takes a bit of work to cut the bottles and put them together
but it's cheaper than buying something and the ferrets love it just as much!

Just a few tips... I use the metal covers from pickle jars or juice bottles
to dispense Ferretone, Nutrical or any other liquid type treat.  Whenever
the fuzzies see me put their "plates" on the floor, they come running
because they know it's treat time!  For those of you who have the MidWest
cages that come with the two plastic shelves... I made a covering for the
shelves by cutting the leg out of an old pair of jeans and slipping in onto
the shelf.  In my case, I had to cut out two "thighs" from each leg (my pant
leg was too small).

Happing dooking to all!

Sue and the Fuzzy Four (Sammy, Tequila, Cinnamon and Buddy)