From:
Chris Perth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 02:51:42 -0500
Hi everyone,
hope you all doing ok, carpet sharks + humans!

Really just some quick questions this time

It s for a real nice girl / ferret human I know here in Germany who s
planning on studying at an university in Miami next year, and she d
really like to bring her ferret with her!

If anyone here knows about all that s required (or where to look for
the info) when bringing a ferret by plane into Florida / Miami coming
from Europe?

I would think the vaccinations papers and a doctor s attest of good health
would do it, or does Miami have other requirements?  (does the attest have
to be in English?  Does it have to say anything in particular?  Can it be
done by any vet?)

Do they quarantine the poor baby or can she take him home and quarantine
him there?  (I heard of a 10-day quarantine in Florida)

I keep hearing about Delta being the best airline and how the ferret can
even fly with you in the cabin, but is that only for flights inside the
States?

Anyone know of how would it work flying from Germany into Miami?  Best
airline, info and any tips would really be wonderful and extremely helpful!

Please, any help would be deeply appreciated!  You can post here, write
me, anyway you like it.  Really, thanks a LOT!  :-)

Hugs to you all,
Chris, Leeloo & Logan (just stole my human s ice-cube tray!  Grabbed
and ran as she bent to show me what she was doing as she does anytime
we look at her with a question mark on our faces  what s that?  she
forgot the thing is made of thick rubber and I m a little rubber freak!!!
I m NOT giving it back no way!  Soooo chewy!) :-D