From:
Beverly Burge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 May 1997 15:38:55 +0000
Shalom to All: Just wanted to put my 2 cents (shekels??) in regarding the
opening of a second ferret club an hour from the first.  Are you crazy???  I
would give my teeth and my spare ferret harness to have even one club here
in Israel.  We are trying but it is a very long and expensive process
entailing lawyers and everything.  Thanks to Yaniv, we just someday may have
one.... I would hate to think that ferret clubs are like some of the cat
clubs I've seen, all politics and competition... (Sorry, gut reaction......)

Also regarding cage floor covering.  I picked up a nice piece of astro-turf
(the soft kind) and it is working great.  Not only is it washable, but when
EB blew her fur, she rubbed all over on it and it acted like a brush!  I did
give it a good wash first to get the plastic smell out of it.

Just received a shipment of ferret goodies from Neeps.  Oh fun..... Neat
stuff, good service for those without access to ferret supplies.

Take care all,

Beverly Burge
Zoological Assistant
Jerusalem Zoo
Phone:02-6430111  Fax: 02-6430122

"It's a tragedy when politics interferes with the health and wellbeing of
 animals in our charge!!!
"Free Kodo"