Date:
Sun, 29 Jun 1997 11:18:42 -0400
Bandit has a new friend, I think (I'm not sure what he wants to call her a
friend yet).  Saturday at the Ferret Picnic in Rutland I decided to adopt my
2nd ferret.  It's a She and she is around 6-7 months.  I think we are going
to keep her shelter name, Tess.  So we now have Tess and Bandit.  We are
still in separate cages but we can play outside the cage.  It's when it's
time for bed that we have hissing I'm not sure if I should keep them
together or keep them separate?  With kids(human ones) you'd normally send
to separate corners.  Bandit doesn't care if she goes in his cage and helps
herself to play with the toys or eats so what's the bed time problem?  Maybe
Bandit and Tess is just over tired, the picnic was yesterday so maybe
tonight they'll be able to sleep together.  I think Bandit is not sure of
the whole thing.  At times he will play and at others he can care less , she
does the same thing.  I having fun playing with both.

Tess has a problem with biting hard on the toes.  It's one thing with
fingers.  Bandit at first loved fingers.  I'm not sure how to handle it with
the toes other then getting bitter apple to spray on my toes, I never had to
use anything with Bandit all I'd do when Bandit went to bite is keep the
finger in there.  He didn't care for that.  But I don't like my feet being
touched to begin with.  There's also no warning with her just up and bite
and boy does she hurt.  If anyone has other advice on that please send your
suggestions.  Like I said I've dealt with fingers just Leave my toes.  I
also have to get her potty trained but I'm sure it'll all be fun.  I love my
new family member and of course I still love my Bandit.

I'd like to give a big Thank you to the Frisky Ferret Shelter, I love my new
little girl and so does the members of my family.  She has already been
given lots of hugs and kisses.  I'd also like to Thank the MaFF for the fun
time at the Ferret Picnic we all enjoyed the time we spent and we'll be
looking forward to the next gathering.

I'll keep everyone posted on my ferrets doings.  Thank you for all the
E-mail in helping me prepare for this.

One other thing is there anyone else in the Fitchburg/Leominster area.  I
would like to bring the new one to another vet.  Just who?  I didn't really
care for Bandits and that makes me uncomfortable.

E Page, Bandit, and now Tess.