From:
"Charlene M Lowe (Charlene Lowe)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 1995 13:08:50 -0600
I have read that colloidal silver is currently being used and has been used
for many years by airlines to purify the drinking water onboard and by
hospitals as an antiseptic during and after surgery.  Poison control center
has no listing of toxicity for c.s.  Silver has been used for centuries to
preserve food.  Silver dollars were placed in milk to prevent spoilage and
food was carried in silver dispensers to prohibit mold.  Silver plates,
goblets, cooking utensils, etc were developed for their antiseptic nature.
Colloidal silver is put in newborns eyes to prevent infection (long ago
silver dollars were placed on the eyes).  I have read in many articles that
there are hardly any (if any) known microbes (bacterial, viral, fungi) that
are not destroyed within 6 minutes of contact with silver and no resistance
is developed.  I have used with much success c.s on my cats hind leg where
he develops "plaque" a chronic dermatitis which consists of boils and scabs.
Our ferret, Henry, developed a nervous condition and some sort of intestinal
problem.  He was never diagnosed exactly.  Ulcer or camph/helicob infection
were suspected.  He was treated with amoxi, chlora, zantac, etc, etc over a
period of 2-3 months to no avail.  We of course did barium series
radiographs, blood counts, blood chemistries etc etc.  He was so anxious he
ran and hid, scared for his life day in and day out, perhaps in pain.  After
only a few force feedings with a therapeutic dosage of CS added to duck
soup, his condition improved dramatically and he is perfectly healthy now
and a bouncing ferret boy lacking all inhibitions.  Granny (11 1/2 yr
ferret) is showing good results with cs (a couple drops every day or every
other day).  NaturalPET, Alternative Lifestyles for all Animals, is an
excellent mag discussing C.S. frequently and listing alternative care vets
across the country.  The Sept/Oct and Nov/Dec issues both have articles on
C.S.  My opinion is to fight disease however you can: conventional medicine,
alternative medicine, spiritual medicine, whatever works.  But, I think it
is good to be aware of *all* the possibilities.  I do highly recommend the
above mag.  Esp for multi-species homes.  Here is subscription info (a few
people have inquired): Natural PET, Subscription Services, P.O.  Box 351,
Trilby, FL 33593-0351.  They take VISA/MC or check/MO.  $15 for one year for
6 issues.  Canada/Mexico $28.  Other foreign countries $35.  Make checks
payable to Pet Publications, US funds only.  (I am not affiliated in any way
with this mag, I found it at a bookstore some time ago and have been hooked
ever since).
Charlene