From:
"Charlene M Lowe (Charlene Lowe)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 1995 13:23:47 -0600
Our Henry has started that awful habit you guys describe (I do think they
log on and read the FML getting ideas in the middle of the night) - COUCH
DIGGING.  He does not get in the couch, or even try to.  But, he is digging
at the fabric on the back of the couch (where a humans back rests when
sitting).  It is a heavy tapestry and the fabric is getting worn just in
that one spot.  I remember someone saying duct tape works to close up holes
under the pillows so they can't get in the couch.  I thought I might try
this to stop the digging in this area and then removing it when he has lost
interest.  Does this tape make the fabric all sticky though?  and does it
adhere well enough that a ferret won't peel it off and eat it?  Any other
ideas?  I was also thinking of sewing a patch there or sewing that plastic
carpet covering there and removing it at a later date.  What about bitter
apple - does this work at all on digging at fabric?  Does it stain or reek?
Thanks a lot, Charlene