From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Nov 2005 17:20:47 -0500
http://www.c-n.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051118/
NEWS01/511180325/1006/NEWS06

> By GIOVANNA FABIANO
> Staff Writer

[Courier News, NJ]

> SOMERVILLE -- A Flemington couple have pleaded not guilty ... tortured
> and mutilated their cats, including two that died from injuries.

> ...rejected an offer Wednesday from the Somerset County Prosecutor's
> Office to enter a probationary program for first-time offenders,
> according to court documents.
>
> The Sigles are accused of abusing five cats since January 2003,
> inflicting on the animals injuries such as broken ribs, a broken
> jaw, head trauma and a broken leg.
>
> Two... died as a direct result of the injuries, and one had to be put
> to sleep
>
> In June, the state Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals was
> contacted by Belle Mead Animal Hospital in Hillsborough about the cats'
> injuries.

> An investigation showed the Sigles had brought their cats to both
> the Belle Mead Animal Hospital and Animerge in Raritan Borough for
> treatment of severe injuries.
>
> Authorities had said the Sigles' explanations for the causes of
> their cats' injuries did not match the findings... blunt force
> trauma.  ...working with the SPCA on the case.

and Joe's website for Belle Mead Animal Hospital in Somerset County, NJ
(872 Rt.  206 just past Hillsbourgh) is below.  Forgive him for it still
being basically a starter website since his time has instead gone into
helping animals.  In fact, his own dog, Lola, is one that an out of state
humane group had to have a vet adopt because she had been so badly burned
by an animal abuser that she required something like 8 surgeries as well
as a loving person who could give her back both her health and emotional
security.

http://www.bellemeadanimalhospital.com/

Anyway, I thought that people would be glad to know that vets do
follow-up on these sorts of abuse cases when they encounter them.

-- Sukie (not a vet)
Ferret Health List co-moderator
FHL Archives fan
http://ferrethealth.org/archive/