Date:
Sun, 29 Apr 2012 10:23:39 -0500
Because Mom's lung cancer keeps her out of breath at times, we've spent
a great deal of time holding down the couch. Thus, I've been introduced
to many movies and television shows which I never saw before, as well
as remarking on old favorites. Saturday on TCM (Turner Classic Movies),
we watched "Ring of Bright Water" from 1969. The story is based on a
novel by Gavin Maxwell and relates the tale of a London office worker
who buys an otter from a pet store. He then moves to the shores of
Scotland to provide a more appropriate home for his playful/troublesome
companion. It stars the same couple from "Born Free" -- Bill Travers
and Virginia McKenna -- so you know the wildlife photography is
excellent. The otter dooks, and it has many other mannerisms which
ferrets exhibit. This movie doesn't provide edge-of-your-seat action,
but you get a love interest, a ferret-like creature, and Scotland.
Just don't blame me for the sad ending.

The link to "Ring of Bright Water" on TCM is:
http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title/88309/Ring-of-Bright-Water/

Lori of Ferrets at Heart

 ...and remember our Spring Raffle ends this Friday! Go to
http://ferretsatheart.com/ and click on either of the raffle
links to view the prize packages!