From:
Kevin Farlee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jul 2013 22:35:26 -0700
Another alternative to metronidazole/Flagyl is Metronidazole Benzoate.
This is a salt of Metronidazole which is more commonly used in Europe.
The dosage needs to be adjusted, as Metronidazole Benzoate is 62%
metronidazole by weight, so the dose needs to be increased accordingly.
The reason I like it so much, and why it's worth the trouble to find
is that it has the same effect as Metronidazole, but it is TASTELESS!
It doesn't stress the ferret while you're trying to resolve stomach
issues. We've had very good success with it. I won't go back to
straight metronidazole when I've got an alternative like this
available.

Kevin Farlee