From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Fri, 19 Jun 1992 11:19:25 -0400
Anonymous please Chris.

> Our current family is
>Zoot, Cutout, Lupine and Spiney Norman (points to anyone who can make
>the connection).

"Wot?  The giant 'edgehog?", he said with his best approximation of a Monty
Python accent.

Darn.  I'm anonymous so I can't collect my valuable prize.  Just donate the
proceeds to the Ferret Defense Fund.

>5) How long has this mailing list been active?

>   Since December 1987.  *1987*!  Even I didn't realize it was
>   that long.  Same moderator, 3 or 4 different "home" machines.
>   Averaging about 50 issues a year.  We're up over 200 now.

I've been with Chris almost from the beginning.  I even had a printout of
issue 1 until my last ferret confused it for a litter box (I'm trying not to
think of it as a symbolic act).  I just wanted to say that Chris has done a
great job over the years doing a thankless task that can be a logistics
nightmare.  I'm surprised that he's done it for so long.  Must of absorbed
too much Linotone through the fingers.