From:
Melanie Hawkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 1997 16:06:38 EST
I recently lost Maggie, my 41/2 yr old ferret, who had insulinoma.  Surgery
went fine, but after surgery she was gasping for air.  Nobody knows exactly
what happened.  Anyway, Maggie was the dominant ferret over my two male
ferrets.  I have been trying to introduce my male ferrets to my friend's two
male ferrets, but it hasn't been easy with Gizmo.  Gizmo is the second
ferret that I bought, and he was extreemely close to Mags.  Every chance he
gets, Gizmo goes right for the neck of the other two and is very violent.
The other boys cry and cry.  Norm, my third ferret gets along with the other
two just fine.  Does anyone have any input on the matter.  I am just curious
to see how others have dealt with this type of cituation.  So far I have put
another cage in the ferret enclosure to let Giz sniff as much as he wanted
to.  Any suggestions would be wonderful.

Thanks,
Mel and the gang (Maggie, Gizmo, and Norman)