From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Mar 2001 21:57:27 -0600
HELP, I was in Jacksonville Mall, Jacksonville, North Carolina, and stopped
briefly in a pet store while there, to find 2 baby ferts and a bowl of HARD
KIBBLE!  I held in my hand the tiniest of the 2, the other not being much
bigger, and she appeared to still have her milk teeth?  She was biting my
finger, and after careful thought, about this behaviour, i am going to
venture to say that she was PROBABLY HUNGRY?  IDIOT, that i am...i realized
this after leaving the mall, and being one w/out my own transportation, nor
even knowing where in the world i was, while there, i couldn't return to
the store to bring this to their attention.  I have had this on my mind
since that day, and every day afterward.  i am turning to the fml for
HELP in hopes that there is someone who may know, live, or be near this
store/Mall that could possibly know where i am writing of, and check on
these babies, maybe counsel the sales associates on ferret care?  My regret
is being so slow on the uptake, and not having the resources to return to
the store myself to say something.  This is weighing greatly on my mind.

The Mall is the JACKSONVILLE MALL, In Jacksonville, North Carolina.  The
pet store, i do not recall the name, the ferts were in a small tank, near
the entrance and the register, left hand side as u enter the store.  I
guess, i am posting this anon because i am ashamed?  I am not always vocal,
when i should b, and often when i shouldn't.  I had cried on the way to the
airport, as i had tried to think of a way that i could smuggle her on
the jet w/me to take her home, even if i would have had to charge/ credit
card, her and her cage mate, i don't just take one, i take all of
them...but, i didn't know how they would handle the cabin pressure etc?
Excuses no, i already have many ferts to care for, one or 2 more wouldn't
make a difference except that i may have to give up my own bedroom someday.

If, u do, or u know someone who does, live near this mall, please save a
fert today?  She was fresh off the teat, to me it seemed, she was so
tiny....i shall punish myself silently for my err.  & pray that there is
someone more able than i to help these ferts.

May all you ferret mommies and daddies hug your ferts this night, day,
and whenever u get the chance and say a prayer for all the ferts that
are waiting for a loving parent...

take care

[CP]