From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 22:00:39 -0800
I have 2 Triple F ferrets.  I purchased Triple F as they supposedly bred
to outside stock.  I already had two Marshall Farms boys 3 years old that
seemed bored.  The boys were sweet as could be never bit anything but their
food.  I thought it would liven things up if I got two babies.

Well, it worked.  Those little Triple F females have been going a mile a
minute ever since.  Both are now 3 1/2 years old.  I bought them from a pet
store in Reno, Nevada which was about to go out of business.  Both VERY
aggressive when I bought them at barely 6 weeks (I think they were more
like 5 weeks).  They would actually CHARGE my six foot husband with their
mouths wide open.  Set him a running :o)  Both were BAD biters.  I just
kept playing with them.  Let them mix it up with the boys.  After about
a month of being together at playtimes only, I decided to put them all
together full time.  It has been over 3 years now and they are all best of
friends.  My one Triple F, Reba (barely one pound), has pretty much stopped
biting.  Ginger now bites only if you have socks on.  If your feet are
bare, she leaves them alone.  She sometimes will soft bite your fingers in
that real tender 'web' area between your thumb and index finger.  She will
soft bite there only when you are massaging her head and neck.  I think
she is trying to say "thank you Mom, it feels realllll good".

The only thing I ever did when they would bite would be to say "no" (tough
love voice).  I didn't flick their noses or anything else.  The Triple F's
are very loving.  They loved to be held and really interact with people.
I have heard from other sources that Triple F's are known to be biters.
But they're also as sweet as they can be!!  Have fun!

Patty & the fuzzies four in Ferret Free Zone California (joke)