From:
Debi & David Christy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 13:26:27 -0500
It's apparently not all that unusual for adrenal girls to regrow hair.
Chiquita, TP Ordnance Battalion Commander, was bald-head by the end of
her last summers coat change.  When her winter coat came in last December,
it was full, soft & luxurious... no bald head.  By March her vulva had
swollen.  By May her coat was thinning between the shoulders.

After discussing this via email with Trish Curtis, the Ferrets First
Rescue & Shelter director, we scheduled her for ultrasound.

She somehow intercepted the emails (she is a confirmed member of the FLO)
and during the week following the scheduling of the test, the swelling of
her vulva decreased to almost normal!  Not to be deterred, we went ahead
with the ultrasound.  This was one of the rare times that an adrenal tumor
did not show up on the ultrasound.  We scheduled surgery fearing an
incomplete spay.

The ultrasound was repeated before surgery... still no tumor appearing.
During the surgery, however, an adrenal tumor was found to be the culprit,
not ovarian remnants.

So, be sure you know who's watching over your shoulder when you describe
ferret illnesses online!

Debi Christy
Ferrets First Foster Home