Date:
Thu, 3 Jun 2010 17:08:55 -0400
Hi FML'ers! This is a plea from the Florida rescues who are inundated
with ferrets right now. I was forwarded this email from another shelter
operator:

I don,t want to let the ferrets go and neither do my grandaughters but
we live on my disibility and I have not been able to get their shots.
Our vet (we also have a dog and cat) said it would be $98 per ferret
for shots! Also, they were trained to use a litter pan until about 4
weeks ago when I went out of town. When i came back in three weeks they
were pooping every where except the litter pan. We keep them in the
garage and I know it is getting hot but the house is too small to bring
them inside. There is just no room for their 2/story cage. I plan to
buy a large fan to put on tem but have not yet. The girls are not
playing with them as much and I wondered if all of this together has
made them act out by not using the litter pan. I buy ferret food and
ferret litter and really try to keep them clean but it has become very,
very difficult. Yesterday, when I emailed you, I had just cleaned their
cage, put clean bedding in there, clean litter in the litter pan. I
bathed them all and put them in the cage. Promptly they all three
started scratching and pushing the litter out of the pan and it went
all over the garage and cage. I guess that was the last straw and I
came in and started looking up ferret rescue places. From: Kelly Nix

I also have another person looking to re home 2 ferrets that lives in
Kissimmee, Florida. Please contact me if you are near that area or can
take them in. I am trying to downsize right now to take care of my
elderly parents.

Kim Kelly
Stinky Pete's Ferret Retreat

--
We will not know peace until all of the unprotected and unloved are
encircled by strong, caring arms.