From:
katharine long <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 1997 08:18:11 EST
Lily is a 3 1/2 year old MF female albino.  Lily was diagnosed with liver
disease when she was less than 2 years olds.  She has blood work every two
months to monitor her condition.  So far, we have controlled it by feeding
her a low protein diet (Hills K/D).  We continue the blood work so we will
know if more aggressive treatment becomes necessary.  ANYWAY...recently I
have noticed what I can best describe as warts on her lower belly.  There
are three or four of them.  There are no other symptoms.  What is this???
These appeared a few weeks ago and I have put off taking her to the vet
because she is due for her blood work in early April.  Should I be concerned
and take her right now??  Can ferrets get warts??  I'm real curious about
this and have never heard anyone mention anything like this before.  I have
a few warts myself.  Could I have passed them on to her from holding her?  I
would appreciate any assistance or opinions anyone can give me.