From:
Gail Shochet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Sep 1997 14:20:00 -0400
Hello everyone from a longtime lurker...
I have two item for everyone, the first a question about the ever-recurring
topic of adrenal disease.  The fact of the matter is that my oldest, Elie,
is still healthy and active but exhibiting the hair-loss (throat, back of
neck, tail, and extremities) which I understand is a clear sign of adrenal
disease.  He is 6 and a half.  I'm on the fence with regards to surgery, not
because of cost, but because I'm not clear on the risks/benefits.  If anyone
could clue me in on approximate mortality rates in his age group and give me
some advice, I would be grateful.  I have read the FAQ many times, I think
it refers to a 14% mortality rate for the surgery--which I find a little
scary.  I just want to do the right thing by my best bud.  He is Marshall
Farms, for the record, and about 2.5 lbs.

The second item is a posting for a friend of mine.  Her kids have developed
severe allergies and she is looking for a new home for her 2 ferrets.  I
have 4 and am feeling a little maxed out at this point.  They are both male
sables, medium-sized, very sleek and well-muscled, very good natured, and
VERY active and playful.  One is 2-3 years, the other 4-5 (my friend is a
little fuzzy on this, I think they were adopted from someone else prior to
this).  I have ferret-sat them before and can attest to their kid-safeness
and all-around wonderfully ferrety pesonalities.  They come with a
double-decker cage, bowl, and water-bottle, and are free to a good home.  I
think that they are current on their shots but I can check for you.  They
are in Northern MD near the Pennsylvania line and I will drive to
deliver/meet the right adopter.  Please contact me at [log in to unmask]
if you think you can provide a home for these two sweeties.  I've talked my
friend out of putting an ad in the paper, so I'm hoping someone will come
through.  Thanks a lot for putting up with this long post, and thanks for
all the wonderful ferret stories and information.

Gail, Mike, Elie Wiesel, Pixel Perfect, Pepe the Big Lug, and Princess
Kiaya

* This message is for information only, and unless otherwise specified, *
*     it does not constitute a binding commitment by Light Industries   *
*         Gail Snyder Shochet | INTERNET:    gshochet @ lightind.com    *
*         MCNE/MCSE           | COMPUSERVE:  gshochet @ light           *
*         Light Industries    | MHS:         gshochet @ light           *