Date:
Sat, 3 Mar 2012 15:33:06 -0500
I flipped up my FML calendar for the month of March and what did I see
on the right hand side? My black sable Shenanigans!

Shenanigans (officially named by Karen Douglass) is one of my two DMK
girls (rescues). This gal was part of a large group Renee Downs brought
through here during the Ohio Rescue. I wanted to help the rescue and
adopt a ferret. But I had a lot on my plate, so a traumatized biting
fuzzie was too much for us at that time. However, several stood out as
being fairly even tempered. And as I labored over choosing a possible
adoptee, a glimmer of green kept shining from a cage in the back corner
of the garage (we had my garage set up for the rescue for several
days). It was the oddest thing. I'd see the flashing eyes but then when
I'd walk over to that area, I couldn't tell which ferret they were
coming from. I'd shrug thinking I was imagining things, and start to
pick up another ferret to look at. But every time I'd go to play with
someone else, I'd see those eyes flash out of the corner of my own
again. And again. Finally I found the owner of the green eyes. She was
a bitty, stocky, black female buried under a pile of more gregarious
ferrets. She was so laid back that every time we came near the cage to
see where the green eyes came from, she'd get buried by everyone else.
Finally, we located her and lo and behold, she was hands down the
sweetest/tamest one there that weekend. It must have been meant to be.
So we took her. Shenanay was found with a "liter" that actually still
had a label on the cage with their birthday, March 17th St. Patrick's
day. And with green reflective eyes. Crazy huh?

At first, Shenaynay didn't tell me her name. While we mulled over a few
options, Chet kept giggling because she had the biggest, blackest butt
he ever did see on a ferret. "MOM, she's gotta get a black girls name
name like "Lequisha,", "Shequandra", or "Shenaynay"!! Come on!" Omg.
Did he just say that? Yes he did. I shook my head, and went upstairs
to ask Renee her opinion. I didn't tell her about Chets and his
outstanding suggestions. And do you know, point blank Renee said
"Shenaynay". I forget who it was but a THIRD person came up with that
name on the very same day. So, I knew that was her name, but green eyes
and born on St Patrick's day?? Come one she HAD to have an Irish name.
Thankfully Karen D saved the day by thinking of the name, Shenanigans.
I LOVE ferret names that are nouns and adjectives that imply chaos and
energy. So we kept the name she told everyone, got myself a wicked
ferret name, AND it was something Irish. It doesn't get more perfect
than that.

So that's my big black butted Irish baby on the month of March in the
lower left hand corner. And she's perfect.

Wolfy