From:
"C.J. Jones" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Dec 2005 10:38:18 -0800
Sorry for not updating sooner on what is going on here at 24 Carat Ferret
Shelter.  I have been trying to get transport arranged as all the ferrets
have places to go but they just need to get there.  I have tenitive
transport for most of the ferrets to go to Winnimucca and from there go
to Idaho, but I haven't heard from the person who offered to do the
transport, so I'm not sure that is going to happen.  I still need
transport to Mesa Az for about 6 ferrets that will go onto Texas.  These
ferrets have homes, places to go to be loved and cared for, I just need
transport help!  If anyone can give me a definate answer on if they can
help I need to know asap.  I will be out of state next weekend looking
at places to live, i will probably be moving in February, these ferrets
need to be placed way before then.  my financial status is crappy, its
not easy trying to stay afloat and pay for food, litter, soup, meds and
still adding on to the vet bill.  We had offers to help out on vet bills,
and other things, but only a few have come to surface.  Please help me
help these ferrets, this is not for me, its for the ferrets.

Its sad to see another shelter hs to close its doors, and i wish
Stephanie all the luck in the world on placing her ferets, hopefully
she will have an easier time of it.

Also if you live in Vegas, you may want to keep in touch with Lied Animal
Shelter, they are taking in more ferrets now that I'm not taking them in.
I found out this week they are also putting a time limit on them and
euthing them, they will not attempt to call anyone, so if you care about
the ferrets you may want to see what you can do as a group and help them
out.  The ferret meet up group needs a coordinator, there are about 20
members with no where to go and would probably help if someone would take
some time and organize the group.  I'm so sad for the ferrets here in
Vegas, its killing me to leave here without anyone to help them, but I'm
spent, broke, done.

Again transport is needed!!!  I'm not even asking for help with the
outstanding shelter vet bill, or with any other kind of help, it does
little good.

Please just help the ferrets get to their destination so they can sooner
start the journey onto their new lives!

Thank you
CJ
24 Carat Ferret Rescue And Shelter