From:
Crystal Helton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 13:38:07 -0600
Hello fellow ferret lovers,
I have a small problem that I'm trying to solve.  My 9 mo old chocolate
lab, Rolo has discovered where Stinky's food bowl is in her cage.  He
also learned that from just the right angle he can lick pieces out of the
bowl, out of the cage, onto the floor, and in his mouth. :0)  He won't
do this while we are inside the house but the moment he's alone with the
cage, the food bowl is empty.  I tested this theory by filling her bowl
and driving around the block.  The food was gone when I returned and
Stinky was in a dead ferret sleep.  I'm worried because he does this
after I leave for work and she has to be hungry for 10 hours.  So now
that I know it is Rolo, the question is how do I stop him?  He knows that
it's not acceptable since he does it after I leave.  First the Stink was
outsmarting me and now my dog!

Another small problem.....how can I keep my Stink girl from climbing the
wire cage for the chameleon.  Bud (chameleon) doesn't like it much and
I'm scared she might decide to make him a snack.  I scruff her and do the
drag thing when I catch her climbing but she just waits for a minute and
tries again after she war dances at me. :0)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you might have!