From:
jerri carel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Nov 2001 11:38:34 -0800
Sweet Pea is the 5 year old little girl I picked up in Columbus - believed
to be a boy all her life and passed to 3 different owners before being
turned in to a rescue.  They had been calling "him" Buddy.

She is flea free now but was suffering badly from ECE.

Faced with having to be out of town for several days on business, I left
her with my vet at a mere 5 ounces, eating no kibble at all, and some
pretty ugly greenies in the litter pan!!  The only "soup" recipe she would
eat was Turkey Baby Food with a little butter in it - served on a spoon
thank-you-very much.  (Hey, at this point, I'd have stood on my head to
get her to eat).

Picked her up yeasterday at 7oz and poops that any ferret mom would be
proud of!!!  She continues to eat the turkey, but is also eating kibble on
her own.  She is full of energy and freely handing out kisses.

This is the oldest ferret I've ever had get ECE - now I know why we've
always been so very careful not to expose older ferrets and not recommend
adoption to potential ECE carriers to folks who have older ones.  This is
a very tough virus!!

I will continue to keep her on a different floor from my others until she
is well past the virus symptoms - mine have all been exposed - but I look
forward to her eventually meeting her 11 brothers & sisters!!