From:
Rick White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Apr 2005 15:00:11 EST
>I am posting this for another person and don't have complete  info.  She
>needs to find a home for a five-year old ferret,  Flip.  Seems that the
>fiancee has issued an ultimatum and she is  calling shelters today...

Posting this, while "not having all the info" can lead to many unfair
assumptions and bias against the fiancee and possibly undue sympathy
for her.  Does she or he, have any other pets that are or aren't being
dumped; or is this is just another excuse to dump her senior aged ferret?

Are there any "His" or "Her" children being brought into this union?
In either case, do they plan to have children?  People who don't like
animals, usually don't like children either.

"Ultimatums" given prior to a marriage, should be a warning that many
concessions after the marriage lay ahead.  Love should be a "caring" and
"sharing", a joint venture, not a "me" experience.  Unless she is happy
to get rid of her elderly ferret; she has a lot of future "ultimatums"
to give in to.

Dooks and  Blessings,
Rick White