From:
"Bill Gruber, FML Moderator" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Dec 1997 01:54:31 EST

The first FML was sent out by Chris Lewis on "Dec 21, 19:14 1987".

I was looking over that first issue tonight and, wouldn't you know it,
there's a post about ferrets being confiscated in California.  It's hard to
believe that 10 years later we're still fighting the California battle.  I
hope we will one day soon be able to celebrate ferret freedom day in
California, just as we celebrate the 10th anniversary of this list.

Chris Lewis, founder of the FML, I hope you can find time to post something
commemorating this event.  In any event, warm greetings and thanks to you.

And yes, there is one couple still on the FML who were here from issue one!
(No, not me -- I joined in issue 138.)  I won't mention names, but I hope
they will post a few words for us too?  :-)

For those who can join us for the 10th Anniversary Celebration next month --
Thank you!  I look forward to meeting all of you.  And for those who are
unable to attend the celebration -- Thank you too!  You, too, have helped
to make the FML the success it is.

Bill