From:
"Bill Gruber, FML Moderator" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Jan 1998 01:18:24 EST
Today's FML would have been one of the largest FMLs ever.

I say *would* have, because I've removed 11 posts about the Ontario rescues,
thus eliminating nearly 700 lines.  In fact, you will find NO posts directly
describing the events of the Ontario rescue in this issue.

Why?  Well, the issue began to get nasty.  Don't get me wrong -- there were
some very well written, non-flaming, informative posts submitted.  But there
were also several not appropriate for posting.  I've contacted those authors
to give them a chance to resubmit the posts with the flames removed.

In addition, opinions were very strong -- often these opinons and even the
facts upon which they were based were quite contradictory from post to post.

So let's hold off a day.  If you posted but would like to withdraw your post
(maybe you have since received newer information to alter your opinions),
please let me know.  Or, if your post was rejected and you'd like to
resubmit it, please do so.

Tommorow, if there are enough posts left I'll send out 2 issues of the FML:
one dealing with this incident and one containing everything else.

Also, there are already 5 other posts waiting to get into this issue which
I'm holding for tomorrow, hoping the regular FML will be smaller.

Thanks for your understanding.
Bill