From:
Todd Leuthold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Jan 1999 15:33:13 -0500
Hi again, folx!

I've noticed something that I just laughed like crazy about, but thought
that maybe someone else has seen, but never posted about.  My ferrets seem
to have some functions that work automatically, without any conscious
thought.  One of the most interesting, is their tongues!  I had my oldest
ferret on my lap, giving him his daily dose of FerretVite.  The other
fuzzies were circling my feet, waiting for their turn.  However, one of
them decided that he couldn't wait any longer and climbed up my leg to see
if he could "help" the old man finish what he had.  When the others saw
this, well...monkey see, ferret do.  In just a few seconds, I was covered
with ferrets, all trying to share the old man's treat!  The funny thing
was, I had lifted both the old ferret and my hand, so that none of the
others could steal his snack.  All five of the other ferrets stood under my
hand, licking the air underneath as though something were dripping down,
even though nothing was there!  It took Silver almost another three or four
minutes to finish his snack and the others just stood there, licking the
air as though they were helping him get done faster or something!  When it
was all done and over with, every muscle in my chest was in pain from
laughing so hard and so long as these silly little goofballs!

Todd and the (I'll lick faster and he'll get done faster!) Fuzzbutt Rodeo
Clowns!

---
http://users.success.net/toddl/